Chicken Ravioli Recipe
Ravioli with chicken, sage & basil sauce.
- 1 1/2 pkgs.(8oz.) fresh chicken ravioli
- 3 tbls. butter
- 2 tbls. fresh Basil
- 3 tbls. shallots, minced
- 2 1/2 cups hot chicken broth
- 3 tbls. fresh sage, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- 4 tbls. flour, all-purpose
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cook the ravioli according to package directions or until tender but still firm. Drain, keep warm.
- 2.In a heavy frying pan or cast iron skillet, saute the shallots in butter over medium heat till golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, stir in the flour for 1 minute then the sage and basil. Add the chicken broth and whisk till the sauce is thick, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the milk bringing the sauce back to a simmer. Remove from heat and salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over hot ravioli and toss to coat. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and garnish with an additional teaspoon of fresh chopped basil.
Serve hot with French bread and have extra Parmesan cheese at the table.
To make your own home made Italian ravioli
try this recipe:
Home Made Italian Ravioli
email | Index | Cookware & Bakeware Store | Canning & Preserving
Recipe Software | Cookbook Reviews | Recipe Index
© Copyright cooking-italian-food.com/ chicken ravioli recipe 1997-2008